Cotabato City – In line with the celebration of the National Women’s Month, The Office of the Chief Minister through the Bangsamoro Women Commission (BWC) and in partnership with the BTA-Offices of MP Maisarah Dandamun-Latiph, MP Diamila D. Ramos, MP Bainon G. Karon, and MP Eddie M. Alih, initiated an activity that showcases the contributions of the empowered women in the Bangsamoro region titled “Search for Bangsamoro Women Advocates 2022”.
The winners of the Six (6) different categories were announced during the awarding ceremony on March 28, 2022, held at the Al Nor Convention Hall, Cotabato City. BWC Chairperson MP Bainon Karon, MP Atty. Maisarah Latiph, Representatives of MP Diamila Ramos, and MP Eddie Alih were among the officials together with development partners Froilyn Mendoza of TLWOI and Riza Torrado of UNWOMEN who graced the event and awarded the trophies and cash prizes.
Here are the names of the awardees that surfaced among the twenty-eight (28) entries received who went through stern evaluations:
- Gender And Development Category – Hadja Nabihah Noni L. Lao
- Education Category – Dr. Anna Zenaida Unte Alonto
- Internally Displaced Person Category – Prof. Dalomabi L. Bula
- Children Category – Dr. Shahera B. Lucman
- Environment Category – Shri Tahanie B. Macaumbao
- Youth Category – Naira Mindalano Tambie